Communications / 911 Dispatch
The Levy County Communications Division is responsible incoming emergency calls placed by citizens of Levy County and directing those calls to the proper emergency response units.
Levy County 911 has been in place since September 1995. The Sheriff during that period, along with the Property Appraisers Office, Road Department and local phone companies addressed the entire county as well as prepared and placed road signs in their designated areas, a process which took nearly three (3) years to complete.
Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Communications Supervisor Donna Capps
- Training Supervisor Brooke Willis
- Employs 12 communications officers
- Normally, there are three (3) Communications Officers on duty for every shift
- Communications Division handles all 911 calls for Levy County
- Communications Division dispatches full-time for Cedar Key Police Department
- Communications Division dispatches for Chiefland Police Department after midnight, on holidays and weekends.
The Communications Section in addition to all Sheriff's Office units, dispatches for
- 11 volunteer Fire Departments
- (6) EMS Rescue Units
- Levy County Animal Control
- Levy County C.O.P. (Citizens on Patrol)
The Communications Section has constant communication with or monitors
- State Warning Point, which is used for reporting of plane crashes, tornadoes, hazardous waste spills or any road closures or fires.
- DTN Weather Satellite gives us Satellite images of current and future weather conditions that may pose a threat to the residents of Levy County.
- The Communications Section also monitors the warning system for the Crystal River Nuclear Power Plant, which informs us of any drills, leaks, or potential evacuations or meltdowns.
Levy County Sheriff's Office Communications Section is the secondary dispatch for the following agencies:
- Florida Game and Fish Conservation Commission
- Florida Marine Patrol and Florida Park Service (Department of Environmental Protection)
- Florida Highway Patrol
- Multiple City Utilities
The Levy County Sheriff's Office Communications Section also maintains radio contact with the following agencies:
- County Road Department
- American Red Cross
- Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office
- Dixie County Sheriff's Office
- Dixie County EMS
- Nature Coast Regional Hospital
- Williston Police Department
- Levy County Emergency Management