Drug Task Force
The purpose of the Drug Task Force is to prevent, control, or reduce the manufacturing, importation and distribution of controlled substances within Levy County. Our investigators are dual deputized with the United States Marshal Service and the United States Customs Service.
Our investigators act on information received from other agencies such as the United States Drug Enforcement Agency and other law enforcement agencies to initiate and assist in on-going investigations.
Our most effective weapon is the information received from you, "Concerned Citizens", who observe and report illegal activities in your areas. With these combined interagency efforts, this Drug Task Force is striving to increase the number of investigations and arrests pertaining to the perplexity of the drug trade.
The Task Force is in contact with Special Investigations Unit for the purpose of
- Trading tactical intelligence
- To guide the members of the Task Force and other agencies to establish groundwork in the fight against drug eradication in Levy County.
- The members of the Levy County Drug Task Force work with of the Levy County Sheriff's Investigations Unit to finesse information gathered by Investigators.
The Task Force has identified specific areas within Levy County, which show high drug activity
- The Task Force has identified and is targeting mid and upper level traffickers dealing in Levy County.
- The Task Force has implemented structured narcotic investigations involving all agencies.
- The Levy County Task Force works full time narcotics investigations.
- These investigations are complex and require intricate investigative skills to bring forth the end results as identified by the Task Force.
The Task Force manages the latest information received from other agencies as well as members.
- The Task Force has very good communications established with other law enforcement agencies outside the county.
- The full time positions within the Drug Enforcement Unit contribute 100% of their time to the investigations of narcotics within Levy County.
- The Drug Enforcement Unit works closely with other divisions of the Levy County Sheriff's Office and agencies such as Marion, Gilchrist, Dixie, Alachua and Citrus Counties to maintain the latest intelligence information for curtailing the drug trafficking. An additional member of the unit is supplied by the Chiefland City Police Department and works with the Levy County officers on a day to day basis. Together, these agencies can more adequately address the issues that arise from drug trafficking by using all resources available.