PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU COMPLY WITH EACH APPLICABLE PORTION.
1. Applications will be accepted for any position at any time.
2. Applications may be returned in person or mailed to the address shown above.
3. When completing the application, please pay special attention to the following:
- All questions must be answered. Applications, which are incomplete, will not be processed further until corrections, omissions, or deficiencies are resolved.
- The Personal Inquiry Waiver must be completed, signed and notarized before returning the application.
- Employment History and Reference sections must provide telephone numbers, complete mailing addresses, including zip codes. Must list all jobs you have ever had, use additional sheets of paper if necessary.
- Confidential Employee History Section: document any instances of usage of illegal drugs. i.e., inhalation, injection, or any other form of ingestion of any illegal drug or any illegally obtained drug.
4. Legible copies of the following MUST be returned with the completed applications:
- Driver License
- High School Diploma/GED
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- FDLE Law Enforcement Training (Deputy Sheriff position only)
- DD214 (military)
- Marriage License (Female Sworn only)
- College Degree/Transcript (Certified Copy)
- FDLE Detention Officer Training (Detention Officer positions only)
- Florida State Certification Exam Scores (Deputy Sheriff and Correction Officer only)
- Any Training Certificates you may have acquired.
5. A color photograph 2 x 3” (not more than 6 months old) should be attached to the application
6. All applicants must submit to a background investigation, a psychological stress evaluation, fingerprints, physical examination, EKG, drug screen and a psychological test. As a part of the background investigation applicants must agree to undergo a complete assessment by the Santa Fe Community College Assessment Center at a cost of $75.00, paid by the applicant.
7. All applicants will be expected to take a test consisting of 8th to 10th grade knowledge and takes about 2 hours to complete. Deputy sheriff positions will sit for an Oral Interview Board prior to being hired.
NOTE: Sheriffs Office Policy requires all employees to exhibit a neat, professional appearance to the public while representing the Levy County Sheriffs Office. This policy sets the standards for hair, clothing, uniforms, accessories and general appearance.
THE LEVY COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
You may submit application in person or Mail to:
Levy County Sheriff's Office
C/O Personnel Dept.
9150 N.E. 80th Avenue
Bronson, Florida 32621